What is the Teen Guild
Teen Guild is the young adult service arm of the Centennial Guild comprised of 7th-12th-grade students. This group of young volunteers supports a few important programs at CHLA: Literally Healing. Adolescent Medicine and Holidays from the Hearts.
The Literally Healing Program supplies the Reading Room Library with books for patients and their siblings. The Teen Guild supports this program by holding a book drive at Barnes & Noble every December.
The Adolescent Medicine Program is an out-reach program which provides medical care for low-income families and children living on the streets of Los Angeles. The Teen Guild collects items such as toiletries, new socks and underwear, blankets, sleeping bags, jackets, school supplies and backpacks.
The Holidays from the Hearts Program offers support to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles’ most financially challenged families, including those whose children have acute or chronic illnesses, and vulnerable youth served by the hospital’s many outreach programs. Through Holidays From the Heart sponsorship, we seek to create hope for families by fulfilling their basic needs and alleviating some of the stress felt during the holiday season.
The Teen Guild also collects new Play-doh containers for use by hospital patients and makes seasonal placemats to brighten patients' meal trays throughout the year.
How Can I Support the Teen Guild
- Barnes & Noble Annual book fair. Click here for more information.
- Encourage your 7th-12th grader to join and participate in the Teen Guild.
- Recruit new Centennial Guild members who have children in this age group.
- Sponsor a 7th-12th grader who is interested in supporting CHLA through the Teen Guild.
- Volunteer a bit of your time at our Barnes & Noble gift wrap table during the book drive.
- Hold your own holiday Play-Doh or Toiletry drive through your work or social networks.
Donate Needed Supplies
- New Containers of Play-Doh
- All Toiletries
- Barnes & Noble Gift Cards for our Book Drive
- Letter-sized Laminator Pouches (9 x 11.5) for Placemats
- $10 Gift Cards for the Adolescent Medicine Staff’s Holiday Party